Mushroom Milk? Sounds like a strange concept to drink a milk made from fungi but in reality it might just be what your body needs to give it that extra boost. People have been using medicinal mushrooms for thousands of years due to their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. These wonderful superfoods offer numerous health benefits including bolstering the immune system, supporting brain health, and increasing energy.
Maitake, Lion's Mane, Cordyceps, Coriolus, Reishi and Chaga are just a few of the medicinal mushrooms that offer marvellous benefits. It is believed that these mushrooms help in the following ways:
- regulating blood pressure
- slowing the growth of certain tumors
- reducing blood glucose levels
- helping with ovulation and
- balancing hormones
- reducing nerve damage
- decreasing inflammation
- helping with mild symptoms of depression, stress or anxiety
- slowing dementia
- improving energy
- improving lung health
- offering anti-aging properties
- improving immunity
- aiding with kidney and liver support
- boosting digestive function and metabolism
- treating certain infections including viral infections
- relieving insomnia
- reducing skin sensitivity and helping with skin complexion and inflammation
- lowering cholesterol
Fortunately, medicinal mushrooms powders are gaining recognition for their many beneficial properties and we can conveniently add them to our everyday routines. By incorporating a few scoops of mushroom powder to a hot cup of water. It is also just as easy to incorporate these superfood powders into our morning coffee or teas or add them to a smoothie for an extra boost of energy after a workout. So go ahead, prepare yourself a cup, nourish your body and enjoy!
The New New Age harvests the benefits of these medicinal mushrooms which are permaculturally grown, ethically wild harvested or certified organic.
Find it here